Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wonderful Supplement Information!


This weeks lecture from Dr H. was very informative and I am excited to share it with my readers.
The lecture was on dosing supplements. How and when most importantly, because if you are like me... I didn't know that it mattered much and If I had an inkling that it did, I didn't know who to get my information from about it.

First off he reminded me of a site to go to for trusted information, PUBMED.gov, I used this when writing papers for Herbalism and it is scientific based and researched. This is a site that all doctors that I know use.

There are 5 supplements that we should FIRST consider
1) A good multivitamin with B complex Something that is ATP producing.

2)GREENS.. like chlorella, spirilina or chloraphyll
3)Fish oils
4)Anti Oxidants Vitamins C, E, and foods with A
5)Probiotics

My suggestion is to seek professional advice, this blog is informational only and not a tool for others to use as a guide to self healing.

If you seek detoxification then dosing 7 days a week for 4 weeks is sufficient
If you are working on a specific condition than 2x daily for 6 days on 1 day off
If it is a therapeutic dose in which you want than 2 weeks on and 1 week off
and finally if you are trying to maintain than 1x a day for 3-4 days a week.

How do you know if you are over dosing? If you feel nauseous or have loose stools than it may mean that you are overdosing, cut back at that time.

How do you know if you are under dosing? Always start at recommended dose and THEN after a week if you do not feel any better, turn it up a bit.

Always dose with food unless otherwise stated or if for glandular issues or digestion enzymes for inflammation.

Another gem was if you regularly exercise than dose about 30 minutes after. This is when your body is really open to healing.

So, it has been 5 days since I started on New Chapters women's once daily and I actually feel a difference. I feel as though I am not lagging as much, meaning that I have a bit more energy... I feel more emotionally strong and am feeling as though I am on the right track. I must also add that I am doing the chloraphyll,Vitex and other herbal supplements.

I am excited to start applying these rules over the next couple of weeks and to share this information with you.

I will keep at the suggested dose with the New Chapter and my usual suggested dose with the herbal supplements and chloraphyll.

The SOURCE to the information I have shared with you is from a lecture with Dr. Henele from California. I do not have text to share with you.

Disclaimer: The natural therapies mentioned in this blog is just information from myself and others, and may not have basis in scientific fact. This blog should not replace a visit to your physician.

No comments:

Post a Comment