Sunday, July 4, 2010

Week ll continued...

I have been taking the supplement NEW CHAPTER woman's one Daily for 3 days now. (No noticeable difference as of yet)

I have taken it on an empty stomach and a full stomach and either way has been fine. As I said in my last post it can be taken anytime of day on a full or empty stomach.

This product is ORGANIC, PROBIOTIC, AND WHOLE. Along with this multivitamin I am waiting for a multi vitamin from RIGHTFOODS to come in the mail so that I can start taking that instead of this one. After reading the ingredients to both, and from a trusted source telling me, I have concluded the RIGHT FOODS has a superior product for me in particular.

In addition to the multivitamin I have decided to continue to take some of the herbs that I have on hand. Some of which I have not used in about 4 months due to a limited diet that I was on. Since I had stopped taking them my hair has begun to fall out, my moods have been low and my skin has been less than desirable. I am not sure if I can attribute this to a natural hormonal change being that I am over 40 this is quite possible, or if it was a combination of my age and the controversial diet that I was on. Either way, below is a list of my other supplements that I am adding back to my diet.

Liquid Chloraphyl*

Vitex Extract
Avena Sativa
Mushroom Blend
Eleuthro
Panex
Glycirriza
Hawthorne
Rhodiola

I am not good at taking daily pills so I have this blend in a tincture form and add it to my water. about 60-80ml's in my water 3x a day. The Chloraphyl I add a tbs to my water once daily.

I also am taking 2 tbs of Barleans Lemon fish oil a day.

When buying your tinctures, read the suggested serving size and realize that it is based on a 160 lb person. If you are like me, I do not weigh 160lbs and so I have to adjust accordingly. I am not sure if it is like this for all supplements but I personally use that as a rule of thumb and because I weigh more than 160lbs I add more to my daily dose when I can. It is easy with the tinctures because they are liquid form.

All the information on the herbs that I write about are from what I have learned in my Herbalism program. The resources that I use are the same books that we used as text books and a few that I added.

Medical Herbal by hoffman
The Way of Herbs by Michael Tierra
300 Herbs by Matthew Alfs
in addition
books by Charles Kane and james Dukes Green Pharmacy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment